Training in the hospitality and tourism industry worldwide has traditionally attracted a close relationship between the centres of training and the industry. This is motivated by the fact that the industry does not boast out as a traditional discipline like the other sciences. It therefore necessitated that in order to be up to date with industry requirements and also international recognition, key industry personality and leading scholars be incorporated in the management of the Centre's programmes.
In this regard CTH undertook to build up and incorporate a participative management approach by using an industry and academia-based advisory board. It has enabled the Centre to easily seek information as well as obtain support for any need for funding as may be required from time to time.
The Board is made up of key and leading personalities from the local and international academia and industry. Members of the Advisory Board include;
- Mr. Mahmud Janmohamed Managing Director, Tourism Promotion Services, Serena Hotels
- Prof. Nerine C. Bresler Prof. of Tourism, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Dr. Ongong’a Achieng Former Managing Director, Kenya Tourist Board
- Prof. Eleri Jones Prof. of Tourism, University of Wales, Cardiff, UK
- Dr. Florence Oloo
- Dr. Joe Wadawi
- Mr. Gerson M. Misumi - GM/Director, the Carnivore (Tamarind Group)
- Dr. Lars Lindkvist - Executive Director and Chairman - Basecamp, Explorers, Kenya and CEO, Basecamp Foundation
- Mr. Jakes Grieves-Cook - Managing Director, Gamewatchers Safaris, Chairman of Kenya Tourist Board